Monday, February 19, 2007

Long Time No Post...

Just like my journals that I have started and stopped through out my life, I have never been very consistent. I thought an online journal would be much easier to keep on top of. But...as you can see I have been a slacker lately.

What keeps me so busy you ask??

Where to start...The first of the new year our stake was rearranged. Our little ward was dissolved and put into another ward. The ward we joined lost about a 1/3 of their members to another ward. All in all 2 wards were eliminated in the stake, and others rearranged. We went from the smallest ward in our stake, to the largest! We are bursting at the seams now. Everyone arrives at church 30 minutes early so they can get a seat in the chapel. If you are late getting into Sunday school, there are no seats left. It has been very interesting to say the least. With the change our new bishop released EVERYONE and started new with callings. I was probably a little bit too excited over the news to be released from my primary calling. But, that feeling of what is in store for you is never pleasant either.

I am now serving in the Young women program as the first counselor. I have a good group of girls that I get to work with. I love this calling, but it has taken a big chunk of my time. Add that to my job at the school, and my five children life just gets away from me.

Tyler just hit his 20 month mark!! It is getting closer...I am the one that is trunky, I just can't wait to see him. He is making arrangements to attend Weber State University in the fall...it's ripping my heart out to be totally honest. It's true, once they leave it will never be the same again. I am not accepting that very well.

Dallas is still as social as ever. He just got back from a scout camp out where they got to camp in the snow. He has missed snow more than any of us in the family. He's on the track team, and has been working on the pole vault. He still loves to trick and tease all of us.

Tori thinks it warm enough to swim. It has been around 75-80, but the water is barley 60. BRRRR! She doesn't care though, she is always looking for reasons to get in and splash around. She loves 4Th grade, and has the best teacher ever.

Coleman....he is going to be the death of me. He has been on a downward spiral lately at school. He has gotten into trouble a few times. I guess he didn't think anyone would notice if he stopped to play tether ball on the playground going from his classroom to his resource room. Actually it took them 2 weeks to catch on. He also didn't think anyone would notice 20 homework pages shoved into the back of his desk either. And since they made him miss recess to make up those 20 homework pages he didn't think anyone would care if he got up to play, instead of doing the homework.... (hello...anybody in there) Working at the school that your child attends is not always pleasant when your child is screwing up. I want to run and hide when his teacher comes, afraid of what she's going to tell me next. I hope were back on the upward climb, and we can leave all of this in the past.

Alyson is still the princess, oh wait I mean the queen! That is what she tells us all the time. She makes me laugh, and makes me want to pull my hair out. She loves going to kindergarten, and is very social too. She has begun to count down the days until she is six and how many more days until her big brother comes home.

Jim is busy as always...his calling as stake YM's pres has kept him extra busy as of late. Since the first of the year he has had a ward conference to attend each week, and next week-end is youth conference. This is a crazy busy time for them. Not to mention the over load of work his has at the plant right now!

Well, now you know whats been going on in our lives...
I hope to not let 2 months pass in between posts again.

8 comments:

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

Hi Janer! Miss you!

QueenMeadow said...

Yay for posting, keep it up :)

Amber said...

I miss you too janer! Thanks for the update!

Kermit~the~Frog said...

Welcome back to blogging! The news all sounds great. Can't BELIEVE the two years are almost up!

Emily said...

Hi Jane! I keep checking for updates :) it's great to hear from you.

Rachau said...

Hi Jane! Good to see your keeping well! Wow to year is alomst up! It only feels like yesterday he put his papers in!

Lei said...

I hope 2 months doesn't pass between posts again, too!

Blackeyedsue said...

I have missed you too. We will have to have that Tyler over for dinner when he is closer. Or maybe you should just move back and we could have YOU over for dinner.

Coleman and Amelia sound like two peas in a pod.