Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thankful 5

"Today I am thankful that my rolls turned out."
.
.

This week-end was our stake conference.  We had a dinner for the stake presidency and their wives and our visiting general authority.  I was asked to make rolls for the dinner.  I am a novice.  I was stressed about making them.  They turned out beautifully.  
.
.
.
Around 4:00 pm my sweet husband called and said, "I don't want to stress you out, or ruin your night but....You have been asked to share your testimony tonight at stake conference."
.
.
.
Did I just call him my sweet husband?

Holy Cow, that was so scary!!
I haven't ever spoken in stake anything.  There was a lot of people there.
My heart was pounding and my knees were shaking.  Why is it that when Jim gets up to speak, he makes it look so easy?
.
.
.
I spoke on God's plan being greater than my plan.  How all of the really big and important things that I wanted to "plan"  God often had other plans for me and my family.
I reflected on the trial of the last 2 years.  My plan would certainly have been that Jim would of found employment a long time ago.  I am trying to have faith and trust that God's plan will be greater than that.  That for whatever the reason, or the lesson to be learned, it will be what is best for me and for my own personal growth.
.
.
I would of been happy just having to stress about making rolls.
.
.

No comments: