Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thankful for Family

Today I got the very sad news that a friend of mine lost her father today.  It was very shocking and not expected at all.   I have thought of her all day today, and I have thought about my own family.

Life is fragile--how quickly the ones we love can slip away from us.

Tell your family that you love them.  Show them by your actions.

Set aside any differences you may have with a family member.  Life is too short to harbor ill feelings.

Do the ones you care about know it?

I am thankful for family.  I love you!

1 comment:

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

I've been thinking about this, too. A friend from college was recently diagnosed with an agressive cancer. 29 years old, two little boys, she's not expected to live much longer. I just keep looking around me and being so grateful that I get to experience what I have. Happy belated Thanksgiving, Janer.